We have been glued to the television these past two weeks watching the Olympic coverage on NBC, and I have to say some of the commentators’ quotes have us hysterically laughing, and one or two of these quotes have made it into our everyday vernacular.
1. It’s lights out “for that guy” (NBC’s Olympic Coverage of the Biathlon)
2. Cause that’ll upset the apple cart (NBC’s Olympic Coverage of the Women’s Giant Slalom)
3. Ifs and butts, candy and nuts (NBC’s Olympic Coverage of the Women’s Giant Slalom)
4. Footwork – that’s ice-dancing’s equivalent of a quad. (NBC’s Olympic Coverage of Ice Dancing)
Hearing these quotes started me thinking on a few of my other all-time favorites quotes from:
5. Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit’ll come back to you. (The Hangover)
6. You don’t call retarded people retards. It’s bad taste. You call your friends retards when they’re acting retarded. (The Office)
7. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. (Airplane!)
8. We can’t all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by. (Will Rogers)
9. A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn’t happen. (Winston Churchill)
What about you Internet? Any funny quotes I can add to my always growing list?