1. In a unsurprising display of immense unoriginality, I would like to announce that my favorite season is fall. Fall? Autumn? It used to be summer, but then I got older and realized that summer wasn't ever going to be the long, unencumbered swathe of freedom it used to be, but now was twelve long weeks of entertaining three young children. And second, the amazing amount of color. I have about approximately three hundred different pictures of the various colors of leaves in my neighborhood. You can thank me with a cinnamon spice latte and a slice of pumpkin pie for not showing them all to you.
2. No matter how clever and charming my three little munchins are, at the end of the day I think we can really boil their entire existence down to this: Germ. Facotry. No, seriously. Daisy and Lily are like a walking petri dish. At any given time, I believe they are probably carrying AT LEAST eight thousand strains of the common cold. And you have guessed it, I am suffering from YET another cold.
3. We've been spending our Saturday mornings working on our bike riding skills.
4. The first time it happened, I wrote it off as accidental. Violet moved from one side of her crib to the other overnight. In her full-swaddling get-up. She was only a few weeks old, she couldn't have moved that much in the night. However, a few days later I was forced to acknowledge that it is no longer accidental. Then, earlier this week while playing in the family room, I stepped out to check on dinner and she flipped from her back to her tummy. Again, I figured it must be accidental. Then, it happened again from her stomach to her back. And now, I'm realizing that it will be very, very soon that I'll have a baby on the move.
5. A few weeks ago I woke up to Violet crying. This isn't totally uncommon, she is only a mere three months and is just learning to sleep through the night. However, upon further investigation I also found Lily along with her harmonica and toy drum. She was playing baby sister a lullaby. At 2 am. Needless to say, the musical instraments have been moved and a sticker sleep chart has been implemented.