Thursday, April 05, 2012

And here’s to many more

J and I celebrate seven years of marriage on Easter Sunday. I feel like five minutes ago I was drinking champagne with my bridesmaids eager to get this show on the road. I blinked. Now we’re here.

palm sunday4

I’m amazed by how much we’ve changed over the last seven years. These days you eat kale chips and spend the majority of our dinnertime discussion on your afternoon run. I opt for ballet classes, long walks and look for messy art projects to complete with Daisy. You aren’t as democrat; I’m not as type A. I think we bring out the best in each other.

I don’t remember much from our wedding day, really it was just a big blur. But, one memory I remember so very clearly is the two minutes I spent walking (eh, for anybody who was there, I guess it was more like a 20 second sprint) up the aisle with my dad, I thought, then and there, that I was probably the happiest I had ever been in my life. I remember smiling and laughing like a complete idiot for the entire day – I just couldn’t stop. And even now, seven years later, I only have to think of standing at the front of the church, staring into your eyes, and I still smile. And I guess if I’m lucky, I always will.

I am so glad J, so very glad that you married me. I know that I say that a lot, but I mean it. I love you.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Makes me smile :)