Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Preschool: The first day

So, this morning we got up. We got dressed, I set out breakfast, made coffee, kissed my loves, picked up my backpack and went off to work. An hour later, J loaded up the girls and dropped Maggie off at preschool. At quarter til noon, we were first in the carpool line for preschool pick-up. I saw her walk out with her bag, she sat down and waited for her name to be called. She waved when she saw me. When her name was called, she clasped her teachers hand and walked to my car. After weeks of fretting (on my part only) and preparing, it was basically a non-event.
At home, over lunch of PB&J and apple slices, I asked her what her favorite part of preschool was: painting a pattern (with blue and yellow paints) and playing with magnetic tanagrams. And then, she asked when she could read stories and take a nap.

No comments: