Thursday, April 30, 2015

Momma Mia

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and she's here with us this week. And there is nothing better than having your mom visiting you. Something about having your own momma at your house, smiling and smelling of your childhood, helping and loving on her grandchildren. So, in honor of her birthday I thought I would make a list of all the reasons why we love having her visit: 
1. I can workout between the hours of 7am and 6pm. I love that I can go for a run during quiet time or steal away for a barre3 class after I drop of Daisy at preschool. 
2. All the laundry (including the stinky cloth diapers!) gets magically washed, dried, folded and set on my bed to be put away. 
3. My kitchen and all the dinnertime dishes get cleaned while I'm putting down Violet for the night.

4. Her favorite place to visit is the local bookstore (which is our favorite place as well!) and she buys us new books (always a favorite around here!)
5. Witnessing moments like this: Grandma and her grandgirls playing dress-up, reading stories and snuggling together.

6. She reads endlessly to my girls. And if you know my girls this is not an easy task as they could sit and listen to stories for hours upon hours. Upon hours. I am not kidding. They can read forever.

7. Date night with J.

8. Listening to her stories of her childhood, early marriage and motherhood. There is something wonderful in listening to my mom's stories of her childhood. These stories give me a different picture of my mom, all woven together with different memories that put into action the sequence of events that led to my life as I know it.

Happy Birthday Mom. We love you.

No comments: