Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happiness and Delight

We are well into the new year, and halfway through my winter break. Soon I will start (and finish) my syllabus for the spring semester. Soon I will start on our 2012 tax return. Soon I will organize last years pictures and transfer my files to my new MacBook Air. Soon I will finish organizing the office/playroom loft space.

Image (2)

Instead, I am spending our days hiking in the mud and twirling about in princess dresses. It’s play-dates with old and new friends and adventures at the Cabot Space & Science Center. It’s bundled up park picnics with warm leftover soup drunk from a thermos and apples as an afternoon snack. It’s a night in San Luis Obispo with my love. It’s lazy mornings that consist of fairy tales, puppet shows and painting with long late afternoons of reading snuggled together with hot mugs of cocoa. It’s taking care of croupy preschoolers and teething babies. It’s weekends consisting of family walks, beer with friends and movie nights. 

Image for blug

There just doesn’t seem to be time for anything else.

No comments: